Beach Volleyball Awards

John Doe 129
+3
2020-10-26 • 2695 views • 6 replies

@Volleybox, I want to make a suggestion about adding an “awards section” for Beach Volleybox as well, in order to be able to add the seasonal FIVB World Tour awards. @Sherlock and I thought that we can create a separate tournament under the name of “World Tour” for each year, like a league with some ranking points but no classification (except one team which I’ll mention later) and add the awards to that tournament. Award translation can be the following:

• Most Outstanding Player: MVP
  • Best Hitter: Best Spiker
  • Best Defensive Player: Best Digger
  • Best Offensive Player: Best Scorer
  • Best blocker, best server, best setter are same anyway

Individually only “top rookie”, “most inspirational player” and “most improved player” will be left out but we can do without them. For the “Team of the Year” award, we’re considering adding the team as the 1st place winner in the classification of that year’s “World Tour” tournament.

Volleybox 440
3 years ago
+1

In my opinion creating some fake tournament is not a good solution of that issue. This tournament will be displayed on many places on the website.

We can think about enabling “Awards” tab for beach volleyball players and different types of the awards and different tournaments will be displayed there.

S…k 717 16
3 years ago
+1

@Volleybox Yes but awards are for a season, not for a tournament. That's why it's complicated.

John DoeAuthor 129 24
3 years ago

@Volleybox OK. I understand your concern about fake tournaments but that can't be called as a fake tournament it's like adding entire World Tour season as some sort of a league with start and end dates.

Also, I'm open for any other idea to make the seasonal awards possible.

Volleybox 440
3 years ago
+2

@pedeshtrian it will need extra implementation from my side.

Users will be able to choose season and award on “Awards” tab in the player profile.

I don't know when I will be able to implement it. I am totally involved in modifications on the homepage. A lot of work there…

John DoeAuthor 129 24
3 years ago
+2

@Volleybox That will be a better way to do it (also harder for you). When I made my suggestion, I was considering the options that need lesser effort from Admin. Since it's been already available for other Volleyboxes, I thought it can be implemented easily for Beach Volleybox.

John DoeAuthor 129 24
1 year ago
+1

In case of there will be no extra implementation about the issue, I added all FIVB Beach Volleyball World Tour awards to the Beach Volleybox forum.

Men: https://beach.volleybox.net/fanclubs/discussion/fivb-beach-volleyball-world-tour-awards-2202

Women: https://beach.volleybox.net/fanclubs/discussion/fivb-beach-volleyball-world-tour-awards-2198

Temporarily disabled
Translate VolleyboxWould you like to help the project?Translate VolleyboxTranslate Volleybox
Would you like to help the project?Translate Volleybox