[Fixed] Head Coach should be added in staff title

+2
2020-11-23 • 1528 views • 9 replies

Most of clubs have several coaches. To identify who is in charge of the whole team training, I think “Head Coach” should be added. If not, it's confusing.

S…k 717 16
3 years ago
+3

I think the “Head Coach” is called “coach” right now, the others are “coach assistant”. Seems clear to me.

sitenoise 334 9
3 years ago
+2

I believe @Volleybox  went with FIVB naming conventions for the staff titles? They threw me for a loop at first, and I asked about them right away with no one offering to help me understand them. “Head Coach” was one I asked about at the time. It doesn't surprise me that @happywithvolleyball would have the same question. (Think about it).

There are others I'm still uncertain of:

Analyst = Statistician?
Trainer = Physiotherapist or Physical preparation coach?
GM = Sports Director?

Color me very disappointed in the way these staff names rolled out with no help or explanation.

S…k 717 16
3 years ago
+2

@sitenoise Basically

Analyst = Statistician = Scout

Trainer = the person attending to sport injuries, I'm almost sure it is a physiotherapist

GM = Team manager, not sure for this one, it might also be sports director

sitenoise 334 9
3 years ago
+2

@Sherlock  That last one is the one I'd like to get clear on. In Japan, a team “Manager”, which might be different from a “Team Manager”, is usually a maturing player who gets a promotion because they've lost playing time to the youngins. They probably make sure everyone gets on the bus and that the refrigerator is stocked.

The GM is usually some old guy who's had coaching or scouting experience, maybe is in charge of recruiting players and securing a budget. Big difference there ?

S…k 717 16
3 years ago
+1

@sitenoise Wow, I don't know. It goes a little far from the volleyball field so I'm not used to show an interest it. I can't help you on this one. ?

CHN_HRQ_FAN 211 4
3 years ago
+2

@sitenoise I think that the naming of the assembly functions in team and the abbreviations for these functions should follow  "data volley 4" program  of Dataproject's company.

sitenoise 334 9
3 years ago
+2

@CHN_HRQ_FAN  It looks like we're going to leave the rest of them vague and confusing, but do you have a link to this "data volley 4" program? Maybe I can learn something there

CHN_HRQ_FAN 211 4
3 years ago
+3

@sitenoise I do not have this program, it is too expensive for me (it costs around 800 euro / year), besides it is a program used by statisticians. I translate (for me) printouts from this program in the Chinese league. Dataproject website: https://www.dataproject.com/products/eu/en/volleyball/datavolley4

Volleybox 440
3 years ago
+3

@HappyWithVolleyball good suggestion ?? It have been fixed.

Temporarily disabled
Translate VolleyboxWould you like to help the project?Translate VolleyboxTranslate Volleybox
Would you like to help the project?Translate Volleybox