Harmotto Dietzen wrote a letter about the reasons of her retirement

Harmotto Dietzen wrote a letter about the reasons of her retirement

Airton Neto 2017-07-07 • 824 views

Former Captain Harmotto Dietzen wrote a letter about the reasons for his retirement from the courts.

"Hey WorldofVolley, I just wanted to say, yes, I am retired. I never really made an "official announcement".  I made the decision with my husband to retire in January of 2016 that the current Fenerbahce season (which was a blast!) and the summer of 2016 with the USA would be the last seasons. Honestly, I love the sport but there are a lot of sacrifices to play international volleyball. I am away from my husband and family for most of the year. I came to a point in my life where I was ready to settle down and we want to eventually start a family of our own. Also, my knees and body were ready to stop playing (I had 3 knee surgeries on the same knee during my career). I was limited in how much I could train and I want to be able to run and play with my kids one day, so it was time to put the volleyball shoes away. I am so thankful and blessed for all that volleyball has given me. The opportunities to see the world, the relationships with teammates from all different countries and the experiences I will cherish for a lifetime! Thank you for all that you do for our sport and I will continue to follow and be one of the volleyball's biggest fans! Especially my USA girls!" wrote Christa Harmotto Dietzen.

#ChristaHarmottoChristaDietzen

0 comments

Volleyball clubs reviewsWhat are the opinions about volleyball clubs?Read reviewsVolleyball clubs reviews
What are the opinions about volleyball clubs?Read reviews