+1
2020-07-13 • 1537 views • 6 replies

Hello, there. 

I want to discuss about the name of Japan League. V.League Organization has reformed and changed its named from V.Premier League to V.League only. I think we should follow the official name and change it accordingly. 

About the new born V.League, you can find some information here: https://corp.vleague.or.jp/weneverdrop/

#japan

Volleybox 440
3 years ago
+1

@sitenoise this is a question for you as an expert of Japanese leagues.

sitenoise 334 9
3 years ago

It is called V.League here, Divisions 1 & 2. V.Premier League is in the Alternate Title field. 

sitenoise 334 9
3 years ago

@ojvolleyball @Volleybox   Oh !  I see over on the man version of the site it is indeed "V.Premier league". It's weird that V2 and V3 are called V.League. I've changed it, although the man version uses "Japanese" while the women uses "Japan" -- as in "Japanese V.League Division 1 2020/21" vs  "Japan V.League Division 1 2020/21"

Happy With VolleyballAuthor 106 8
3 years ago

@sitenoise  Thank you. I think it's better to use the same name as Japan V.League Division  1/Division 2/Division 3

sitenoise 334 9
3 years ago

@ojvolleyball  You prefer "Japan V.League" to "Japanese V.League"?

I never thought about this. It seems there is a tendency here to go for adjectives over nouns, as in Scottish League over Scotland League, Spanish over Spain when naming Clubs, and reserving the nouns for national teams: Scotland U23.  Although some like Singapore and Vietnam don't use Singaporean and Vietnamese. Hmmm. 

@Volleybox is there a "style sheet", so to speak on this? I prefer "Japan V.League" only because that's what I've always known it as, but I like to embrace consistency whenever possible

Happy With VolleyballAuthor 106 8
3 years ago
+1

@sitenoise I prefer Japan V.League.

Temporarily disabled
Volleyball players rankingWho is the best volleyball player ever?Show players rankingVolleyball players ranking
Who is the best volleyball player ever?Show players ranking