Michal 493
2011-04-21 • 2787 views • 16 replies
24th April 2011
18:00 Bre Banca Lannutti Cuneo - Lube Banca Marche Macerata 3:1 (Rai Sport 1)
25th April 2011
18:00 Itas Diatec Trentino - Casa Modena 3:0 (Rai Sport 1)

#ItalianSerieA1201011

Serie A - 1st Semifinals
Kk15 1301 11
13 years ago
big problem for Macerata: the "Palafontescodella" can't host 3.500 people, the minimum request to play a semifinal.
Last year the Lega let them play in Macerata, but this year they won't. So Macerata president said they won't move from Macerata in the 2nd match (and 4th, if they get there). If they can't play in Macerata, they will retire the team from the competition and from next year championship, as I understood...

Ah, Berruto said they can play 5 matches in Cuneo, because he like playing there, the structure is always full of people. Not a big sense of umor, but he is right, this rulez doesn't make sense anymore.

btw---> O____O
Ajron 4 1
13 years ago
Where I could watch Trentino-Modena in Internet?
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
What mad semifinal was that - Podrascanin block with one hand raised, Omrcen having problems with the coach, Nikolov' serving and Wijsmans attacks ?)
saku 1032 9
12 years ago
do you know what about exactly Omrcen argued with Berutto? Berutto looked scaried ?
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
I don't know, it looked like Berrutto was trying to convince him to do some perversion and Omrcen said no to keep head high or something ?
Zyta 1332 11
12 years ago
+1
one step closer for Cuneo.

Kk15 so when we will find out what Macerata is going to do? Are they gonna play in Cuneo now?
NightFox 1457 14
12 years ago
Nikolov MVP
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
Great game of Stokr, Juantorena played GREAT as usual, Kaziyski showed his play in the second half of the game

Point by Point diagrams

http://www.legavolley.it/NewsLeggi.asp?tipo=3&ID=34611
ross925 19 2
12 years ago
+1
Trento dominated the game!!! the team has been aggressive from the start thanks to the pressure in the service. Excellent distribution from Raphael!
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
+1
Setters like him are produced only in Brazil
Zyta 1332 11
12 years ago
and what Bruno said before semi-finals? "I'm not here for holidays, we will fight to win with Trento" well... good luck ?
Kk15 1301 11
12 years ago
Zyta, they are still discussing about the place of match2 Macerata-Cuneo; yesterday Macerata had to send a fax with the place, but they said "fontescodella" again. and it seems that Macerata mayor said that the structure will host 3500 people, but last match was sold-out with 2000, and at the beginning of the season they denunciate it is for 2200...
Berruto asked Lannutti to agree with playing at fontescoedella, and lannutti said it was an idiot comment that didn't deserve an answer...
today afternoon there will be a meeting of Lega Council, and Macerata staff will partecipate, as I understand. And we will know the decision.

so tipical italian situation =____= (in a bad way, unfortunally)
Kk15 1301 11
12 years ago
about the matches, I probably preferred Grbic or Wijsman as MVP instead of Nikolov... don't konw... I don't think he was on his best level. I play well, but I expected smth more... At the beginning Cuneo's MBs didn't play well (Podrascanin and Stankovic did), expecially Mastro, but after they rise a normal level.
ah, incredible foot-dig of Conte =), that played well.
about Omrcen, I think he was upset with himself, not with Berruto.

Trento played very well, and Raphael definitly won the confront with Bruno, but Modena spikers didn't help him at all...
I can't figure out how Trento can score so many aces with so few mistakes. Really impressive.
HeeelMooi 220 4
12 years ago
Last time I checked Juantorena had more aces than faults, so that's probably why. I checked some time back and I don't know of anyone who was able to produce such figures. Perhaps Granvorka back in the day now that I think of it.
Kk15 1301 11
12 years ago
yes, Juantorena realized like 54 aces and 44 errors! But it's a team factor, it doesn't depend by him only=)
Kk15 1301 11
12 years ago
Macerata will play at Fontescodella.
Thanks to Lannutti that agreed to play there, and to Macerata mayor that promised they'll start the work to enlarge the stadium (with the support of the Lube). If they won't do this, next year there will be no chance to play semifinals there and they'll have to pay an amount not defined yet.

I'm glad Lannutti took this position, I misjudge him, I thought he won't let Macerata take advantages after what he said to Berruto. Compliments.

In this site (http://www.volleyball.it/redazione/index.php?action=viewArticle&articleId=62961-->it's probably the most important site about volleyball in Italy) they - because they didn't enjoyed all the situation - ask:

1) how the mayor could say yestarday that the Palafontescodella can host 3500?
2) will Parodi be under the attenction of Macerata anymore? (sorry for the traslation, I hope you'll understand!)
3) When the next case like this [a team that treat leaving the championship if the lega don't let them doing something (against the rulez)]?

They also said that probably two of these questions will never have an answer, and that apparently the Lega didn't had to change his position because actually was Lannutti - as Cuneo president, not as Lega vicepresidente - that offer a solution.

Volleyball players rankingWho is the best volleyball player ever?Show players rankingVolleyball players ranking
Who is the best volleyball player ever?Show players ranking