Michal 493
2011-04-15 • 2849 views • 28 replies
16th April 2011
16:00 Casa Modena - Acqua Paradiso Monza Brianza 3:0 (Rai Sport 1)
18th April 2011
20:30 Sisley Treviso - Lube Banca Marche Macerata 3:1

#ItalianSerieA1201011

Serie A - 4th Quarterfinals
Kk15 1301 11
12 years ago
Really hard to say who'll win in both matches, but may be Macerata has more chance (but I wouldn't bet for sure)!
NightFox 1457 14
12 years ago
Modena will face Trento I think
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
I hope not Modena, with that coach and setter...
NightFox 1457 14
12 years ago
Why - the setter is brilliant ?
Zyta 1332 11
12 years ago
NightFox please, if Bruno is brilliant, what we can say about lots of better setters than him? That they are geniuses? Also Bruno need time with new team and they have no time, Monza was fourth before semi-finals and they are in good shape now. If Gavotto, Travica and Exiga will play like that, they will face Trento in semi-final.
Kk15 1301 11
12 years ago
"If Gavotto, Travica and Exiga will play like that, they will face Trento in semi-final. ", I agree, but I think that Bruno is playing very well, also considering the short time he has been playing in this team.
The fact is that these two teams have some difficult to keep their level high, not only during the same match, but also from a week to another... So, it's hard to imagine who'll win. Also because Monza is going to play in Modena
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
I respect Modena, especially with great coach and setter, that's why I hope Trento will meet the other team
MichalAuthor 493 10
12 years ago
+1
It's obvious Bruno is not a brilliant setter (yet), if we call so Ball for example. He plays quick and unpredictably, what he needs is experience and stabilization, but I really like his cooperation with Modena now, although he joined 2 weeks ago that looks good. But everyone knows what's the real time span a setter needs to accommodate perfectlyl- a season or two.
Kk15 1301 11
12 years ago
ah, raylight, now I understood what you wanted to say! sorry I misunderstood your first post! Dennis is an excellent player too, I think...

But honestly I belive that right now Trento can beat both Modena and Monza (probably in 3 matches only, if they'll play always at their usual level), so I don't think it's a big deal if Modena will join the semifinal?, even if I'm not so sure that Modena is stronger tha Monza...I'll probably say the opposite. But they are both a little bit "moony"XD - sometimes they did amazing things, sometimes a lot of mistakes in a row - so it's hard to make a prediction...
Zyta 1332 11
12 years ago
I watch since second set 8:8 and I can't stand Monza's errors. Maybe they need to feel that matchball for Modena is close, like in last match when was 2:1 for Modena in sets. For now Kooistra do with Monza what he wants.
Zyta 1332 11
12 years ago
+1

The fact is that these two teams have some difficult to keep their level high, not only during the same match, but also from a week to another...

We had proof today. Monza played much worse than before and Modena much better.
3:0 for Modena [25:15, 25:21, 25:22], Exiga gave them all his defense from last match ? what can I say? Amazing Kooistra.
So, we're going back to Monza for fifth match.
Kk15 1301 11
12 years ago
+1
this one will be the 6th match in a row with this two teams!!
Kooistra played an excellent match, and Bruno probably wanted to demonstrate us that he is brilliantXD. Really brilliant, considering he seems to know his players very well (but are just 2 weeks!), and considering his age.
Looking at the result, Diaz scored 3, Casoli 2, Berenzhko 5, Dennis 15, Creus 13 and Kooistra 15, like the opposite!! I've never seen a match where the MBs scored 18 points more than the OHs!!
MichalAuthor 493 10
12 years ago
One thing you guys seem to ignore is the fact each team won their home matches. Someone might say that's a pointless argument and means nothing if we're talking about professionals, but for example try to deny serve quality of Modena in away matches doesn't remain the same. Kooistra is a perfect proof and I don't have to browse stats to say so. Monza seems to get a smaller advantage of their court than Bagnoli's players.

We might see a 5 set match on Thursday, if
NightFox 1457 14
12 years ago
"I've never seen a match where the MBs scored 18 points more than the OHs!! "
Kk15 maybe you had never watched Teodor Todorov in CSKA ?
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
or Bas van den Goor ?
Kk15 1301 11
12 years ago
+1
In effect, I don't=)
(about CSKA, how is Portuondo?)

Michal, you're right, in fact Molteni (and everyone) said the same thing ad the end of the match. they trust in the "home-factor", as Modena did. =)

(also Giuliani after the 1st match, when someone commented that all the teams in higher position in the regoular season won, answered "in these 1st matches won the teams with the home-factor")
saku 1032 9
12 years ago
+2

"I've never seen a match where the MBs scored 18 points more than the OHs!! "
Kk15 maybe you had never watched Teodor Todorov in CSKA ?

and maby you heard about Yuriy Gladyr from ZAKSA who scored 21 in CEV semi with CSKA in 3 setes and golden set so in 3 and half sets ;]
saku 1032 9
12 years ago
+1
second final match ZAKSA vs Skra
Zagumny (3), Idi (5), Jarosz (2), Gladyr (9), Czarnowski (15), Ruciak (7), Gacek (libero) oraz Urnaut (1), Witczak (14), Pilarz, Kaźmierczak i Świderski.

in first match both MB scored together 27: Gladyr (14), Czarnowski (13)
Joachim7 321 4
12 years ago
In Belgium Verhees from Lennik scores often much more than OH ;-)
There's lots of examples I think
Kk15 1301 11
12 years ago
+1
I'm sure there are a lot of exemple, but for me It was the first time I saw a match with these statistics?
But I was surprised not for the MBs' score itself, (In italy doesn't happen often that a MB scored 15, but happens!), but considering this AND the fact that all the OHs scored just 10 =) (usally in Italy when that happens it means that the team lost the matchXD)

btw, tomorrow: Sisley vs Lube at Palaverde, Treviso. Any prediction?
I think that probably the best Macerata is stronger than the best Sisley, but will Macerata play on his higest level (expecially in serve)?
NightFox 1457 14
12 years ago
Kk15 Portuando is fantastic, but probably he will leave after this season because, CSKA lost their sponsor and the budgets will be 50% of those in this year, Mayio is leaving too . Almost all foreigners ...
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
I hope Todorov will go to bigger club
Kk15 1301 11
12 years ago
May be Portuondo'll come back to Rome!!=)
I hope Poey will be back too, even if he let me down when he suddenly left the team (when the team really needed him...)
Kk15 1301 11
12 years ago
Savani played as second OH (the one not close to the setter, we call it "S2"), if I'm not wrong... that surprised me!
Too bad that Macerata can't count on Martino, but fortunally Conte played a good match.
Fei was really great, instead Omrcen is quite far from his best condition (he was blocked too may times...). And probably Vermiglio should use a little bit more his MBs...

Better for Cuneo that the serie hasn't ended yet?

@Oli4: really Cuneo wants Verhees? Who will him replace?
Zyta 1332 11
12 years ago
+1
I don't think Cuneo will take Verhees, Volkov is staying and they have a lot of foreign players already.
Kk15 1301 11
12 years ago
Zyta, you read my mindXD
I thought almost the same, but I wasn't sure about Volkov permanence in Cuneo? I'm glad to hear I'll staying! Who is staying too? Parodi, Grbic, Henno, Nikolov (of that I'm sure or quite sure), I guess Wijsman and Mastro?
I'd like to see Baranowicz come to Cuneo too, but probably he wouldn't have enough opportunity with Grbic...

Della Lunga will stay in Trento until 2014, I was quite surprise for this long contract because he can easily play as titoular (is it correct?) in a lot of A1 team, instead it's hard that the same can happen in Trento, with Kazyiski and Juantorena... but I can understand he likes to keep winningXD!!
Zyta 1332 11
12 years ago
I'm not sure, but I think Volkov signed contract for two years, Nikolov won't stay in Cuneo, he said already that he can't play whole season on level, which club like Cuneo expect. Grbic has contract till next year for sure and I think with option to stay for another season if he will have strengths, Henno signed new contract, same with Parodi, I bet Wout will stay there till the end of his career, I don't know what about Mastro.
Kk15 1301 11
12 years ago
I bet about Wout too=), but I didn't heard about Nikolov! That's a pity!!! (I remember reading he and Grbic will stay this year when I read about Parodi and Henno contract for the next season)

Btw, Raphael will probably left Trento (for Minas or Zenit, apparently...), he has a meeting with Mosna next week. I hope he won't leave Trento, I love this player! And Trento next choice as setter is supposed to be Travica (his contract with Monza ends this season). So, with an italian setter and Juantorena that is going to be considered italian on the court, they will have more chance for a foreing MB (also considering that Riad sign for the new Brasilian team from Rio)...
Temporarily disabled
Translate VolleyboxWould you like to help the project?Translate VolleyboxTranslate Volleybox
Would you like to help the project?Translate Volleybox